With fall weather arriving here in Chester Springs and the holidays approaching, it is a great time for home improvement projects. One great way to usher in the new season while boosting your home’s curb appeal is to dress up the front of your home or porch to reflect the season and the cooler weather. There are many creative ways to do this. Here are a few:
- Get creative with pumpkins! Buy some now and put them on display. You can carve them later in the month for Halloween . If you enjoy organic gardening like so many residents of Chester Springs, be sure that the pumpkins end up in your compost pile later; it is a great way to increase your supply of earthworms.
- Why not put out some baskets of gourds, Indian corn, and colorful fall leaves? They will be perfect all the way through Thanksgiving.
- This is the perfect time to get started on putting together some seasonal yard art (spooky Halloween things, Santa Claus and his elves). All you need is some plywood, a jig saw, a few cans of paint, and of course, a bit of creativity. Just remember, if you have a neighborhood association, make sure that the rules permit this.
- Everyone needs a front door wreath. However, you don’t need to just slap up a standard store-bought one. An inexpensive styrofoam ring wrapped with burlap cloth, or something else imaginative, can be redecorated many times as the holidays cycle through – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, Christmas, etc. Just take the theme and run with it. By the way, if you have children, this is a project they will love to take ownership of.
- Hanging baskets always make a nice display. For fall weather you can fill them with fall flowers and then re-purpose them in the spring to grow your own fresh herbs or small crops of things like strawberries.
It’s easy to see that there are a never-ending supply of ideas to spice up your porch or entryway for the holiday season. In general, it is very inexpensive. All you need is time, family participation, creativity, and inspiration. So what are you waiting for?
Fall is also a good time for some smaller home improvement projects. If your front porch doesn’t already have a roof extension or awning, this is the perfect time of year for this type of project. A roofing extension is a very doable project and the staff here at Certitude Home Improvementswould love to shingle it for you to ensure that you receive the best warranty in the business.
Contact Certitude Home Improvements for all your roofing needs.