Hanging up Christmas lights along your Delaware County roofing can be both one of the holiday’s greatest challenges and greatest thrills. There is always pressure to get that perfect display that pleases you and will also make a Christmas impact on your neighbors. While September may seem too soon, there are a couple key advantages to getting your Delaware County roofing and lawn display up early.
- Early-Bird Discounts. While stores begin stocking Christmas lights and decorations in September, most people won’t start purchasing display products until around Thanksgiving, or hire professional installers until the first or second week of December. As any good consumer knows, prices increase with demand. By jumping well ahead of the wagon in purchasing your lighting and displays now, or even hiring a professional, you can get excellent deals with early-bird discounts.
- Stay Warm. Autumn in Delaware County is beautiful, with temperatures that beg you to be outdoors. So why wait until the thermostat drops and be struggling to hang up lights with icy fingertips? You will enjoy the process much more by taking advantage of the current warmer weather, and spending a day or weekend during September or early October putting up the lights on your roof. You can also help get the kids engaged by having them decorate the lower areas, such as around shrubs and on your porch banisters.
- Enjoy Less Stress During the Holidays. The time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve is often a whirlwind of Christmas shopping, family gatherings, end-of-the-year work events and quotas, and celebrations with friends. Why compound it by adding Christmas decorating to the list? Setting up now will mean less stressful times when you’re more taxed for time. When Thanksgiving rolls around, all you’ll have to do is flip a switch for an entrance into the holiday season.
Tips For Decorating
- Before you set up your ladder and climb to the roof, it can be helpful to call your local Delaware County roofing company,Certitude Home Improvements. While we won’t be able to put up the lights for you, we can best advise you where and how to install your lights to avoid damaging your roofing materials.
- Be sure to practice good ladder safety when climbing up to your Delaware County roofing. With over 500,000 people reporting injuries due to ladders each year, it is always advisable to exercise caution. Always use a buddy, keep it on level ground, and never over-reach.
The holiday season will be upon us before we know it and now is a great time to get a head start on the preparations.
Feel free to contact Certitude Home Improvements for advice on putting up your Christmas lights. We know just how to have them installed so they will not damage your roofing.